MARYLAND'S HAIR & MAKEUP COMPETITION
Presented by La Banque de Fleuve, NVS Bridal & Beauty + NVS Salon & Spa
MARCH 20TH, 2022
Harford's Brush & Beauty Battle was created to showcase, appreciate and recognize the talent within Maryland's hair and makeup industry.
We are excited to announce this year's theme is the Bridal Edition and it will take place on March 20th, 2022 at The State Theater of Havre de Grace, MD hosted by the lovely Kristy Breslin from WJZ and Mrs. Maryland - Julia Chang!
This is a non-profit event. This year's proceeds to be donated to SARC.
How it works
The contestants may team up with another contestant, for example a hairstylist and makeup artist can work together, or one contestant may wish to work on their own. Each team must provide a model to walk down the runway, as well as an appropriate bridal outfit to the category you have chosen - tip - team up with your local bridal boutiques! There will be a designated area for all the contestants to provide hair and makeup onsite at the La Banque de Fleuve for their models. The participants will have 2 hours to get their models stage ready to walk the runway in the front of the judges and audience. Food + non-alcoholic beverages will be provided for the contestants generously by
CATEGORIES + CASH PRIZES*
You pick your look, whether you are going for a classic look, boho, ultimate glam, vintage... it is up to you how you present your work and model.
Winner wins $500*
2nd place wins $200*
3rd place wins $100*
*Actual prize winning based on number of contestants.
Entry Fee: $100 per model - non-refundable
Tickets for guests to attend the show: $25 please email firstname.lastname@example.org for tickets.
Sponsorship: Please email email@example.com for sponsorship information.
Entries Open: February 12th, 2022
Entries Close March 15th, 2022
Competition date: March 20th, 2022
Runway outfit 10%
To register email firstname.lastname@example.org
Timing of the event:
11:30am - Arrival of the participants
12pm - Competition starts
2pm - Model must be in her gown ready to go!
Show at the theater starts at 2pm.
1. Hairstylists must have a valid licensed and comply with city, state and federal laws OR enrolled in cosmetology school.
2. Hairstylists/makeup artist must be self-employed, or work for a registered LLC with appropriate licensing.
3. Collaborating as a team (1 Hairstylist and 1 makeup artist) may represent two different businesses and work together.
4. One team can only enter one category.
5. Participants model must be at least 18 years of age.
6. Each entry must sell at least 2 tickets to their supporters (proceeds will go to SARC)
7. Your team, including the model, gives Brush & Beauty Battle permission to use any content from the competition for marketing, and future promotions.
8. One cash prize will be presented to the winner of each category.
9.Participants will receive all prizes the evening of the show and must be present to win.
10. Participants are responsible for obtaining their own model, clothing for the model, tools and products they need.
11. The models appearance is final once the timer of 90 minutes ends.
12. Family members, guardians, and friends must purchase a ticket to enjoy the show.
13. The venues, presenters, or any other person or organization is not responsible for your valuables, tools, and products.
14. Only participants and models are allowed in the designated area where the contestants will be
getting the models ready.
15. The judges will not know which contestant/s provided services to the model until votes are locked in.
16. You do not have to be from, or work in Harford County, or Maryland to enter.
17. Failure to comply with any rules will result in termination from the competition without a refund.
WHY SHOULD YOU GET INVOLVED?
- Area marketing exposure
-Name recognition opportunities
-Team building opportunities
-Supporting a non-profit organization
-Showcasing, recognizing and appreciating our stylists and makeup artists beautiful work.
-WE ARE ALL HERE TO HAVE FUN!
thank you sponsors
For sponsorship email email@example.com